DiCamillo Companion

Bedgebury Park

  • Earlier Houses: A 15th century house (today beneath the lake) of the Culpeppers was demolished when the current house was erected.

    House & Family History: From 1920 until 2010 Bedgebury Park was the home of a girls' school operated by the Church Education Corporation (later Bell Educational Trust). In the 2011 the house was listed for sale with Knight Frank.

  • Architect: Alexander Roos

    Date: Circa 1838
    Designed: Rebuilt House for General William Carr Beresford

    View all houses

    Architect: Richard Cromwell Carpenter

    Date: 1854-55
    Designed: Alterations to House

    View all houses

    Architect: William Slater

    Date: 1860s
    Designed: Alterations

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Grade II*

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSES: Bedgebury family, 11th century. Culpepper family, 15th century. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: General William Carr Beresford, 1st Viscount Beresford and 1st Marquis of Campo Maior, 19th century; Alexander Beresford Hope, 19th century. Francis Law, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No