DiCamillo Companion

Barrington Hall

  • Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house on, or near, the site of the current house.

    House & Family History: The House was remodeled circa 1920 by W.J. Kieffer and H. Fleming for Capt. J.N. Beridyshe, a descendant of Lord Nelson.

  • Architect: W. J. Kieffer

    Date: Circa 1920
    Designed: Remodeled interiors, together with H.S. Fleming.

    View all houses

    Architect: Herbert Sidney Fleming

    Date: Circa 1920
    Designed: Remodeled interiors, together with W.J. Kieffer.

    View all houses
  • Country Life: LVII, 839 plan, 1925.

  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: Disintegration of a Heritage: Country Houses and their Collections, 1979-1992, The
    Author: Sayer, Michael
    Year Published: 1993
    Publisher: Norfolk: Michael Russell (Publishing)
    ISBN: 0859551970
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Capt. J.N. Bendyshe, 20th century; Bendyshe family here from the 15th century until 1937.

    Current Ownership Type: Corporation

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Wedding & Event Venue

  • House Open to Public: By Appointment

    Phone: 01223-872-570

    Email: info@barringtonhall.co.uk

    Website: https://www.barringtonhall.co.uk

    Historic Houses Member: No