DiCamillo Companion
England

Barham Court (Anne Court), Barham

  • House & Family History: Barham Court is a house of nine bays that is a smaller version of nearby Bourne Park. The House is now divided into two sections, each with it own home and name: the west wing, Anne Court, is a 17th century building, while Barham Court, the main building, was built in 1735 and altered and enlarged by Lutyens in 1911.

  • Architect: Edwin Landseer Lutyens

    Date: 1911
    Designed: Additions and alterations for Evelyn Stanton

    View all houses
  • Country Life: XLV, 142 plan, 1919. CL, 816 plan, 1971.

  • Title: Buildings of England: North East and East Kent, The
    Author: Newman, John
    Year Published: 1969
    Publisher: London: Penguin Books
    ISBN: NA
    Book Type: Hardback

    Title: Georgian: The Magazine of the Georgian Group, The
    Author: NA
    Year Published: NA
    Reference: Jan 2002, pg. 12-13
    Publisher: London: The Georgian Group
    ISBN: NA
    Book Type: Magazine

    Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Grade II*

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Henry Mompesson, 18th century. Charles Dering, 18th century. Evelyn Stanton, 20th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family

    Ownership Details: Divided into two houses

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No