Built / Designed For: Jacob Fletcher
House & Family History: Allerton Grove was the first of the large estates developed in the then-countryside outside of Liverpool by wealthy Liverpool merchants. Allerton Grove was built by Jacob Fletcher, a Liverpool merchant whose father, Caleb Fletcher, was suspected of having been a privateer. In 1944 the House was gutted by fire; today only the Doric colonnade survives. The last owner, Sir Lionel Fletcher, emigrated to Tanganyika.
Garden & Outbuildings: The Park is today a golf course.
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat of: Jacob Fletcher, 19th century. Sir Lionel Fletcher.
Current Ownership Type: Unknown
Primary Current Ownership Use: Ruinous
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No