DiCamillo Companion
England

Alkincoats Hall (Alkincoates Hall)

  • Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house of the de Alkincoats family that was probably demolished in the 16th century.

    House & Family History: In 1921 Colonel John Robinson Parker sold the 93-acre estate, which included the house, for £24,082 to the local council, who converted part of the estate into a public park, which it remains today.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: Part of the original Alkincoats Hall Estate is today the 35-acre Alkincoates Park. The Grade II-listed lodge has been converted into a private home.

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: de Alkincoats family, 15th century. SEATED AT 16TH CENTURY HOUSE: Robert Parker, until 1714; Robert Parker, until 1758; Thomas Parker, until 1819; Thomas Parker, until 1832; Edward Parker, 1832-65; Thomas Goulburne Parker, 1865-79; Edward Parker, 1879-94; Colonel John Robinson Parker, 1894-1921.

    Current Ownership Type: Government

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

    Ownership Details: The public park is operated by Colne Town Council.

  • House Open to Public: Grounds Only

    Phone: 01282-861-888

    Email: admin@colnetowncouncil.org.uk

    Website: https://colnetowncouncil.org.uk

    Historic Houses Member: No