DiCamillo Companion

Albyns (Albyns Manor)

  • House & Family History: Albyns is often wrongly attributed to Inigo Jones; the house was remodeled in 1620, restored in 1754, and demolished in 1955.

    House Replaced By: In the mid-20th century a new house, Albyns Manor (Grade II-listed), was created out of the 17th century service wing and harness room of the old house.

  • Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)

    Date: 17th century
    Designed: Staff quarters and Harness Room

    View all houses

    Architect: Thomas Edmunds

    Date: 1620
    Designed: Remodeled House

    View all houses
  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Sir John Wood, 18th century. John R. Abdy, 19th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No