An 1806 hand-colored engraving of the house from the "European Magazine"
House & Family History: Albyns is often wrongly attributed to Inigo Jones; the house was remodeled in 1620, restored in 1754, and demolished in 1955.
House Replaced By: In the mid-20th century a new house, Albyns Manor (Grade II-listed), was created out of the 17th century service wing and harness room of the old house.
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Sir John Wood, 18th century. John R. Abdy, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No