The house from a 1902 postcard
Earlier Houses: There was an earlier manor house (the first house) on the site of the second, 19th century house.
Built / Designed For: John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington.
House Replaced By: The 19th century (second) house was demolished in 1926 and replaced by a new (third) house designed by Michael Waterhouse, which is extant.
Architect: Lancelot BrownDate: 18th century
Architect: Philip Charles HardwickDate: 1856-57
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington, 19th century. Smith-Bingham family, early 20th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No