DiCamillo Companion

Addington Manor

  • Earlier Houses: There was an earlier manor house (the first house) on the site of the second, 19th century house.

    Built / Designed For: John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington.

    House Replaced By: The 19th century (second) house was demolished in 1926 and replaced by a new (third) house designed by Michael Waterhouse, which is extant.

  • Architect: Lancelot Brown

    Date: 18th century
    Designed: Landscaping for James Ivers-Trecothick

    View all houses

    Architect: Philip Charles Hardwick

    Date: 1856-57
    Designed: House for John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington.

    View all houses

    Architect: Michael Theodore Waterhouse

    Date: 1926
    Designed: New (third) House for Smith-Bingham family

    View all houses
  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Past Seat / Home of: John Gellibrand Hubbard, 1st Baron Addington, 19th century. Smith-Bingham family, early 20th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No