Earlier Houses: The first home on the site was a classical style 11-bay house with a giant portico that was built in 1780s; this house burned in 1877 and was replaced by the second house, which was built between 1877 and 1881.
House & Family History: The rambling Victorian house, the second on the site, had pointed gables, diaper brickwork, battlements, bay windows, and a tower. It was demolished in 1955.
Collections: Claude Lorrain's 1677 "Pastoral Landscape," which is today in the collection of the Kimball Art Museum, Texas, hung on the walls of both Adderley Halls between 1798 and 1945.
Architect: Unknown (designed by an unknown architect)Date: 1780s
Architect: John Carline IIDate: 1787-88
Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - SOFTBACK
Author: Colvin, Howard
Year Published: 1995
Reference: pg. 215
Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
Book Type: Softback
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume II: Herefordshire, Shropshire, Warwickshire, Worcestershire
Author: Reid, Peter
Year Published: 1980
Reference: pg. 75
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT FIRST HOUSE: Sir Corbet Corbet (D'Avenant), 1st Bt., 1785-1823; Richard Corbet, 1850-72; Henry Reginald Corbet, 1872-77. SEATED AT SECOND HOUSE: Henry Reginald Corbet, 1877-1902; Reginald Corbet, 1902-45.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No