Earlier Houses: An earlier house of circa 1790, built for William Corlhoun, burned down in 1900 and was demolished in 1906.
Built / Designed For: Noble family
House & Family History: Sir Reginald Blomfield designed the House. Most of the Estate was part of the Battle Area during World War II.
House Replaced By: The 18th century house was replaced by an early 20th century house, which was itself demolished 1945-51.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: Vol. II, p. 162, 1853.
Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No