DiCamillo Companion

Priest's House

  • House & Family History: The Priest's House is a late medieval hall house built by Muchelney Abbey in 1308 for the parish priest; it has been little altered since the hall was divided in the early 17th century. Interesting features include the Gothic doorway, beautiful double height tracery windows, and a massive 15th century stone fireplace. The House is occupied and furnished by tenants.

  • House Listed: Not Listed

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Current Ownership Type: The National Trust

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Visitor Attraction

  • House Open to Public: Yes

    Phone: 01458-253-771

    Email: [email protected]

    Website: https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk

    Historic Houses Member: No