The second house from a circa 1910 postcard
House & Family History: In 1915 the Worth Park Estate was broken up and sold. The House was purchased in 1920 by Milton Mount, a boarding school, who remained here until they sold up in 1963. Worth Park was demolished in 1968 and a block of flats built on its footprint.
House Replaced By: An earlier house was destroyed by fire in 1853 and replaced by the 19th century house (the second house) that is the primary focus of this record.
Garden & Outbuildings: The Grade II-listed 1882 Stables, today called Ridley's Court, has been redeveloped as flats on the top floor. The former gardens of Worth Park are today a public park.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Shirley family, 17th century. Joseph Mayer Montefiore, 1850-53. SEATED AT 19TH CENTURY HOUSE: Joseph Mayer Montefiore, 1854-80; Sir Frances Abraham Montefiore, 1880-1915.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No