DiCamillo Companion
England

Lexden Park House

  • House & Family History: In 1955 Lexden Park, a large, Italianate, tan brick house, became Endsleigh School; it was later the Endsleigh Annex of the Colchester Institute, a purpose it served until 1995, when the house was redeveloped into flats.

    Collections: The contents were auctioned in 1896.

  • Garden & Outbuildings: The former gardens and park of the house are today a public park.

  • Architect: David Laing

    Date: 1825
    Designed: House

    View all houses
  • Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
    Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
    Year Published: 1981
    Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
    ISBN: 0850110351
    Book Type: Hardback

  • House Listed: Not Listed

    Park Listed: Not Listed

  • Past Seat / Home of: J.F. Mills, early 19th century. Errington family, mid-19th century. The Right Hon. Sir M.E. Grant Duff, late 19th century. Edwin Sanders, 20th century.

    Current Ownership Type: Corporation

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family

    Ownership Details: Divided into flats in the 1990s

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No