House & Family History: Ince Hall was built in the grounds of the ruined Stanlow Abbey. During World War II the Shell Oil company housed operations here that had been evacuated from London, including a secret team that worked on Operation Pluto, a project to supply fuel via a pipeline under the English Channel to the Allies as part of the 1944 Normandy landings. After the war ended, Shell maintained ownership of Ince Hall, eventually demolishing it in the 1950s and building Stanlow Oil Refinery on the site of the house (Shell UK owned the refinery until 2011, when it was sold to Essar Energy).
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Past Seat / Home of: Eliza Jane Waldegrave, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No