House & Family History: Hunmanby Hall and Park were purchased in 1927 by the Methodist Education Board and converted into Hunmanby Hall Girls Boarding School. The school opened in 1928, and, for the next 63 years, was one of England's leading girl's boarding schools. In 1991, suffering from the downturn in private education, the school closed; in 2005 the House was converted into luxury flats.
Garden & Outbuildings: The school sports hall is now a private fitness center; the park contains a private nine-hole golf course.
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: William Osbaldeston, Lord of the Manor and MP for Scarborough, 17th century. Humphrey Brook, early 19th century. Bertram Mitford, 19th century. Sir Dennis Readett Bayley, early 20th century. Charles Henry Wellesley Wilson, 2nd Baron Nunburnholme, early 20th century.
Current Ownership Type: Corporation
Primary Current Ownership Use: Flats / Multi Family
Ownership Details: The school sports hall is now a private fitness center; the park contains a private nine-hole golf course.
House Open to Public: No Access to House - Grounds Open to Public
Historic Houses Member: No