DiCamillo Companion

Highshot House

  • House & Family History: Highshot House was demolished in 1927. It stood on the site of what is today a factory on Crown Road. The stone door frame from the House today forms the entrance to the factory.

  • House Listed: Demolished

    Park Listed: Destroyed

  • Past Seat / Home of: Louis Philippe, Duc d'Orleans, later King Louis Philippe of France, 19th century; Antoine, Duc de Montpensier, and Louis Charles, Comte de Beaujolais, both brothers of Louis Philipe, lived here with him from 1800 until 1807.

    Current Ownership Type: Demolished

    Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished

  • House Open to Public: No

    Historic Houses Member: No