Built / Designed For: Thomas Wendy
House & Family History: Thomas Wendy, who lived here in the 16th century, was physician to King Henry VIII. The Haslingfield staircase and chimneypiece (dated 1555) were removed to Bourn Hall 1814-19 by the 5th Earl De La Warr, when all but the east end of the House was demolished.
Garden & Outbuildings: The bridge of three arches and the Pigeon House both date from the 17th century.
Title: Burke's & Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Not Listed
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: Thomas Wendy, 16th century. George John Sackville-West, 5th Earl De La Warr, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No