House & Family History: Sir John Soane designed several rooms between 1767 and 1768; his drawings and plans for these alterations survive at the Soane Museum. The Estate was purchased by developers in 1881 and Great House was demolished in 1905.
Comments: Soane created what is thought to be the most significant of the House's rooms.
Title: Burke's and Savills Guide to Country Houses, Volume III: East Anglia
Author: Kenworthy-Browne, John; Reid, Peter; Sayer, Michael; Watkin, David
Year Published: 1981
Publisher: London: Burke's Peerage
Book Type: Hardback
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Destroyed
Current Ownership Type: Demolished
Primary Current Ownership Use: Demolished
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No