House & Family History: Gordon House was occupied by Maria Grey Training College in the mid-20th century. After extensive renovation to the House and redevelopment of its grounds, Gordon House and 0.74 acres were listed for sale in 2009 for £25 million; in June 2010 the asking price was reduced to £15 million. See house drawings reproduced in "Robert Adam and his Circle" by John Fleming, 1962 (Gordon House is believed to be Adam's first residential extension). Lord Kilmorey, the last private owner of Gordon, added the Clocktower and refaced the exterior of the House in the Italianate style in 1851.
Title: Biographical Dictionary of British Architects, 1600-1840, A - SOFTBACK
Author: Colvin, Howard
Year Published: 1995
Publisher: New Haven: Yale University Press
Book Type: Softback
House Listed: Grade II*
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: General Humphry Bland, 18th century. Lady Augusta FitzClarence (daughter of William IV), 19th century. John Erskine. Lord John Frederick Gordon-Hallyburton, 19th century. T.C. Haliburton, until 1865. Francis Jack Needham, 2nd Earl of Kilmorey, from 1865.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: No
Historic Houses Member: No