The House from a 1907 postcard
The House from a circa 1900 postcard
Earlier Houses: An earlier house on the site was rebuilt by Zachary Hamlyn in 1740; this house burned down in 1789 and was replaced by the current house in 1795.
Country Life: LXXV, 326, 1934.
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Current Seat / Home of: John Rous
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: Cary family, here until 1738. SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Zachary Hamlyn, mid-18th century; Sir James Hamlyn, 1st Bt. (born James Hammet), late 18th century; Lieutenant-Colonel Henry Edward Hamlyn-Fane, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Individual / Family Trust
Primary Current Ownership Use: Private Home
House Open to Public: Limited Access to Grounds Only
Historic Houses Member: No