The house from a circa 1898 postcard
Earlier Houses: The medieval palace of bishops of Rochester was demolished in 1776 and replaced by the current classical style house.
House & Family History: In the 1920s Bromley Palace became a girls' finishing school; in 1933 the house was repurposed as Stockwell Teacher Training College. In the 1960s Kent County Council took over the college; in 1980 the college closed and Bromley Palace became part of Bromley Civic Centre.
Architect: Richard Norman ShawDate: Circa 1863
House Listed: Grade II
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat / Home of: SEATED AT CURRENT HOUSE: Coles Child, 19th century.
Current Ownership Type: Government
Primary Current Ownership Use: Other
Ownership Details: Today the Bromley Civic Centre
House Open to Public: Yes
Historic Houses Member: No