The House from a 1920 postcard
Earlier Houses: There was an earlier house, built by John Erskine, 6th Earl of Mar, parts of which were probably incorporated into the 19th century house.
Garden & Outbuildings: The Stables and the gatepiers (both listed Grade B) are extant.
John Bernard (J.B.) Burke, published under the title of A Visitation of the Seats and Arms of the Noblemen and Gentlemen of Great Britain and Ireland, among other titles: 2.S. Vol. II, p. 114, 1855.
House Listed: Demolished
Park Listed: Not Listed
Past Seat of: SEATED AT EARLIER HOUSE: John Erskine, 6th Earl of Mar, early 18th century; Charles Erskine, 8th Earl of Kellie, 18th century.
Current Ownership Type: The National Trust for Scotland
Primary Current Ownership Use: Visitor Attraction
House Open to Public: Folly Only
Historic Houses Member: No